Thursday, November 06, 2008

Musings...

God is a faithful God!

On Mon, we had WAM night cum Combined Team Ministry Night... I was very ministered; I was encouraged; I was refreshed by The Faithful God.. I'd been feeling dry spiritually & kinda felt lousy about it... I told God about it that night, and He spoke to me through the Praise & Worship, the words spoken, the sharing... I felt He understood and He cared... I resolved to walk with Him, spend time with Him and keep close to Him... Since that night and since spending better time with Him, I feel joyful, nourished and my soul less parched; I love this feeling!


Gerald is a wonderful husband... I thank God everytime I look at him or think about him.. He is godly, faithful, patient, loving, fun-loving, gracious, appreciative, takes a lot of my nonsense.... and still think the world of me. He encourages me with his love for God. We concluded that we are effective with God at different times: I am used to and probably better at night (though I am not a night owl), he is better in the mornings, and with unhurried time... If I do wake up very early like Jesus and Gerald, I'll be struggling half the time with the zzzz monster and won't be effective... So we decided to do our QTs at different times, and we've been comfortable with the arrangement... I'm impressed that he has been waking up at 6am in the mornings to spend good time with God... and I've been "fed" by God before I sleep and wake up the next day having those words in my heart...


Allow me to continue raving about my husband.. Yesterday, we were on our way home on the bus, and he suddenly said,

"Why don't you go buy a dress...?"


*question mark ?? question mark ??*


I gave him that "HUH?" look... that was quite out of the blue... then he continued, "When I get my bonus, I'll buy a dress for you ok...?"


WOW! Talk about pleasant surprises.... I was very touched, and I felt so loved... Receiving gifts is not my highest Love Language, but it's the gesture and thought of getting me something when he gets his bonus.... that was what touched me more...


We've been staying in our Lovenest for about 2 months now, and we've hosted several groups of people and had friends over, like the Eugene-Choon Yam-HL-Peiks-etc group, care group, Choon Yam's DMM, drama group, Vivian, Yean Shien, ... We love to have people over, to be a blessing and to be blessed... everytime I am in my house, or when I think of it, I can't help but to thank God so much for His Provision and His blessings poured unto us...


Last Sun we didn't go to church... I guess most in the Adults Region didn't too... It was an interesting feeling.. We had an Adults Combined Svc last Friday, 31 Oct 08, at Sing Post.. It was an awesome time and we thank God for His Presence and for all the visitors and new believers! I was very encouraged when I saw many people brought their friends for the first time... that is why we want to do services well. We want to see God touch lives...



A good friend shared these verses with me:

7 "Two things I ask of you, O LORD; do not refuse me before I die:
8 Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread.
9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the LORD ?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my
God.

It's true indeed. In this financial crisis and market turmoil, I believe in this even more - that contentment is great gain indeed. Many people I speak to are thinking deep about their priorities and what life is about... It's an opportune time to shout that Jesus NEVER changes, and He is the same yesterday, today, and forever more, and His Church is truly the institution that will last forever.

I've heard recently of some people who want to do big things, earn big bucks, be real successful in the world, for God (apparently). I don't doubt their motives that they want to do God proud, and that is appluadable, but I doubt they really understand and know what they really want and why they really want to do it. Being successful, ambitious and successful in the market, in my humble view means 2 things: Ministry of Giving and Ministry of Humility. It is a lot of struggle to be in the world but not of the world. It is a constant challenge to consecrate your heart and keep your heart and motives pure and not be driven or lost in the allure of wealth and power. I may not comprehend fully nor live a long time successfully to tell the tale, but I have my fair share of struggles as people perceive that I am successful in the world. If God wants me in where I am, I will give my best and be faithful in eveything that I am tasked to do, but if God thinks I am better off without all that I have, I have to rejoice and be faithful in the small things, and give my utmost best regardless. I learnt from Joseph from the bible. He gave his best, honoured God in all he did, including being in jail... trouble came knocking on his door, yet he always found favour in God's eyes... So, for those who want to do big things for God, ask God to lead and in His timing. Be faithful in what you do now, strive for the best, but everything happens in His time and only if He wills for it to happen... Like I tell people (especially in this financial market), "人算, 不如天算."

Just love Him and accord everything you have to Him... If He thinks you are faithful with the small things, He will task us with the bigger things in His time... be patient... time is our friend...

God is a faithful God!

No comments: