Friday, September 28, 2007

dying to myself...

I have come to learn that I have high expectations of myself... and it upsets me when I am anything less than my own standard...I have to learn to keep my standards, and to balance it with trusting God...

I also come to learn that I am selfish, afraid of sufferings & difficulties, and have the tendency to want the easy way out...

Unless a kernel of wheat dies and falls to the ground, it will not bear much fruit... the Lord reminded me again... What He has given me is to make me a better person... it is not just for my pleasure or fun... but it is to make me a better testimony for Him...

perseverance is another recurring theme that God has reminded me again (and again)... it's never easy to stick in there when the tough gets going... but like what Ps Ben says, it's what you decided upon when the rubber meets the road... Help me to be persevering, loving and unconditional... I can only do it with Your Love, not mine..

I look forward to all the things that are to come in anticipation because You are my God and You are Jehovah Jireh!

No comments: