Monday, April 16, 2012

Enjoying Rest

Rest is something that has always been lacking and difficult for me. Being such an action-pack, active person, rest - physically or any other kind is difficult for me. The Lord has His way of helping me with this, and I hope to cherish it while it lasts. Having to be bed-bound for about 3-4 weeks, being in-between jobs (yes, His timing is perfect!), having to walk slower, pack less activities as I am more conscious of the need to take things slow and restful, I am now appreciating the time on hand. I can go out a bit more now, but still have to exercise self-control (yet-another Fruit to develop). I enjoy better, the days when I stay home to just rest and have no activities, sleeping, watching TV, surfing the net, in-between doing some work here and there. I keep reminding myself that I must savour and enjoy this time, as I don't think such luxury will come another time...
Lord, thank You for this great period of rest and luxury. You timed this, so I am so thankful to You. I want to live in this moment for I know I will look back and envy this time. "Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."1 Thess 5:16-18

No comments: