Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Easier said than done

Testings... Trials... words we always use and talk about... Again, I am going through one of these words... It's a dilemma... On one hand, testings make a person stronger. Hahaha, like my Econs lecturer said, "What can't kill you will only make you stronger." He was referring to our Econs exam of course. Well, when testings come in your face, many things are thrown in the forefront to be challenged and tested. Things you proclaim, values and principles that you hold on to all the while suddenly become mroe than just words. They become things you have to consciously and purposely live out and adhere to. It is so much easier to talk about values, principles when one is not tested, but when Testing comes in my face, I get startled and much of my foundation get shaken.
It's a matter of choice, many say. It's not about how I feel, but what God wants for me. All these are easy to say when others go through testing and you stand on the sideline cheering... but as the runner, it's a conscientious choice and doing that I have to go through... I want to be a winner. I want to finish the race. But I know that along the way, many things WILL distract me, taunt me, tempt me, test me... Oh Lord, You said it is not by my might nor power, but by Your Spirit. You said, not my will, but Yours be done. You said, You will sustain me and strengthen my feeble arms. Your servant, King David said, "My heart and my strength, many times they fail, but there is one truth that will always prevail. You are the strength of my heart and my portion forever." You Promised Your Holy Spirit to intercede for me and to help me through...
Oh Lord, help me to be an overcomer cos' it is easier said than done... By Your Spirit, I will overcome. You said You are going to chart a new chapter of my life in You. You are going to unfold the gerater plans You have for me, to take me to new heights and higher grounds, and that I will be tested. Thank You for reminding me that You have chosen me. I give You thanks in advance for going through testings to see Your Greater Glory unveiled through my life.

AMEN.

2 comments:

yeu@nn said...

Wow, thank God for your heart dear sis, feel very inspired by your spirit to keep running on for Jesus! :D

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame and sat down at the right hand of God. Consider Him who endured such opposition from sinful men so that you will not grow weary."

Love ya sis!
YA

^_^ said...

hi emma, you've always been a persevering sister! you've weathered many storms by His grace before... believe you'll overcome this battle too. kee going on yeah? His grace is sufficient for you. :)